Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baby, you should be in pictures...

Every parent thinks her baby is the cutest little thing in the world. Before you're a parent you look at other peoples kids - the not-so-cute ones - and think, "I wonder if the parents realize how homely that kid is." But as soon as you become a parent a switch flips and it doesn't matter if you child has a third eye in the center of her forehead - she is the most beautiful baby ever.

So naturally, Miss M. is the most beautiful baby ever. But when friends or strangers pay her a compliment I always say "thank you" and wonder to myself, are they just saying that because that's what you're supposed to say when you see a baby or do they really think she's a cutie? But then today I received the most adament and detailed compliment to date and I'm finally starting to think that maybe Miss M is not just a beauty in her mom's eyes. Yesterday I emailed baby photos to a video production colleague of mine in NYC and today he called me and said the following: "What a looker that kid is. Seriously, you should have her in to an agency, with a face like that she should be making you some money. I mean, she's better looking than the kids on the diaper boxes. Beautiful!"

I know it's a shallow, vain thing to be happy that other people think your kid is cute - but I have to say... I like it. Now I won't feel so wierd about telling other people she's a cute baby because I've had good, unbiased commentary from an outside source (non-family, non-friend) to back up my motherly pride.

No comments: