Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is it normal that I am crying at a WALL-E trailer?

My nephew is ALL ABOUT WALL-E! Yay WALL-E! Since we have no money (or time, or energy) for movies anymore my exposure to WALL-E previews has been minimal, so today I decided to educate myself.

And now I wish I hadn't!

WALL-E is sad! I totally cried while watching the trailer. Poor little robot all alone for 700 years. I've always had a problem with assigning personalities to inanimate objects (i.e. as a child I was convinced that all my porcelain dolls with their hard little faces were plotting my night-time assassination) and now Pixar has gone and made me weep for a robot - actually, a cartoon of a robot, not even a real robot.

I think I'm going to have to go see this movie, just to make sure that WALL-E gets his happy ending.

No comments: