Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

torpedo!

OK, hopefully I can describe this well enough so that you all can visualize it and appreciate the hilarity of this event.

Yesterday I was with M in her nursery and I had just let the dogs in from outside. The Jack Russell goes bat-shit-crazy and starts running back and forth between the nursery and our bedroom. We have hardwood floors. Every time the dog makes the lap into our bedroom she slams on the breaks and slides the last two feet into our bedroom, sliding right under the dust-ruffle, right under the bed. Then I hear feet scrambling (vis-a-vis old bugs bunny cartoon - coyote running in place gearing up for a chase) and then the dog comes shooting out from under the bed like a little black and white torpedo.

I laughed my ass off. Then Miss M started laughing at me laughing at the dog. Then the other dog (S) starting freaking out because he thought something bad was happening... which made me laugh even harder. It was a good night.

No comments: