Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Mountain Expedition...

Miss M traversed Mount Mommy this weekend. She packed all her gear - her binky, her pink bunny, and her teething ring - and set off to discover the great unknown that is the spot behind Mommy's shoulder.

I laid on my back and played "fly fly" with her. This is a favorite game from my childhood that consists of one prone parent and one child heaved in the air at arms length while the parent alternately says "Fly, fly, fly" and "Brrrmmmmm" (propeller noises). Miss M decided to make an emergency landing and curled herself into a ball so that I would stop the plane. Miss M landed on Mount Mommy's most mountainous of terrain (if you catch my drift) and proceeded to scoot herself across my chest and then my face until she was upside down and mouthing the back of my shoulder. I don't know how she had managed to wedge herself in there, but she was quite difficult to extricate, which caused me to begin laughing uncontrollably, which caused the Great White Beast (otherwise known as P the Jack Russell Terrier) to bound into the room and proceed with doggy-tongue-torture. There wasn't a dry eye, ear, or nose, in the joint. If only Daddy had rescued us.

Baby's and Dogs have a ridiculous amount of slobber to share with their loved ones.

No comments: