Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First day of daycare...

Kindercare must dip these kids in sugar before they send them home. We went to pick up Miss M from her first day at the daycare fully expecting to be retrieving a traumatized, tired, cranky little baby. Oh how short she fell of our expectations. The darn kid was positively cheerful! Sprightly, silly, giggling and smiling - LOVED daycare! "Take that mommy - I don't need no stinking mommy... not when I've got other babies to stare at, and two crazy teachers wrapped around my itty, bitty finger."

She left happy, came home happy, happily ate her applesauce, happily squealed and played with her toys, happily splashed in the bath, and happily passed out cold at 8:00pm. Then happily slept for 11 hours straight. If this is what it's going to be like more often than not, I think I'm due for an attitude adjustment regarding daycare.

No comments: