Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm old.

Today is my birthday. Barf. 31. It's soooo not as fun as it was just a couple years ago. A couple years ago I still wanted to go out, eat, drink, be merry. Now... I have to do laundry, and a nine-month-old doesn't care if it's your birthday. I don't feel old just yet, no aches and pains, no reading glasses. But I don't feel young anymore either. And I have a new fear... Have you ever seen that show Kath and Kim? Kath is Kim's mother and in her late forties, but dresses like an style-challenged 20 year old. So, I was in Banana Republic the other day and noticed all these super cute clothes, decided to try a few on. Most were fine, but one... one was clearly not what a 31 year old should be wearing. When the hell did that happen? My fear is at some point I won't be able to tell the difference and I'll become a Kath! Fashion is for the young I guess, at least the fashion that I can afford anyway.

No comments: