Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a Privilege!

I got to vote yesterday! I didn't think I was going to! I had been having trouble figuring out where I was registered (if I was registered), and then I had to stay late at work to finish a last minute project. So at 6:00pm I shot out of the office like a bullet and jumped in a cab. Reached home at 6:30 so I could send J out to vote (he was not as stupid and confused as I was), and at 6:50 he came back and threw the keys at me, "You're registered! Hurry!" I made it to the polling place at 6:57pm - polls close at 7:00pm. I was the last to vote in my precinct. I'm so glad I could be a part of making history and electing our first African American President. Tears of joy and relief - what an emotional 24 hours for everyone in this country. Yay Obama!

No comments: