Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Everything Important Happens in February

So today is my wedding anniversary. Two years down, 50+ to go. Every year around this time I start to think about how important February is to my life. Most people would gladly give up February in favor of a duplicate June or July, but not me. True, generally speaking I'm cursing the poor weather, freezing my butt off, anxious for spring, but if we didn't have February I'd have missed out on some of the best stuff! Like my wedding, February 17th. And the birth of my daughter, February 28th. February is when we got our first two dogs (a year apart). And February is when J told me he loved me, and I was sober enough to remember it (first time was actually in August, but that's a whole other story). So as I look out the window in my office, down onto a dirty/salty/potholed Michigan Ave, out onto a increasingly gray and ominous sky, I think... damn, I HATE winter. Good thing I have all these milestones to give me something to celebrate!

No comments: