Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

I Have Angered the Gods of Over-Priced Cotton.

I went to the Gap yesterday. Miss M had received a gift card for her birthday, and gift cards have a purse-life of about 15 minutes with this mommy. I found her a new swim suit and a shirt, then was totally suckered into purchasing (beyond the gifted amount) a little plastic ball with ladybugs on it. The ladybugs did me in, they were very persuasive. It was $5.50. I can justify this though because the rest of my purchase went on the gift card. Anyway... I went to check out and the super duper friendly Gap girl commented on my super duper cute ball. To which I said, "Yeah, I can probably buy a plastic ball somewhere else for like a dollar, but the ladybugs are pretty cute." Well, that just threw the sales girl into a tailspin! "Oh, but it's only $5.50, that's not so bad." "And it really is very cute." "And I think every time you bounce it an elf gives you a chocolate." Well, not that last one, but you get the idea, she spent the rest of the transaction trying to make excuses for her overpirced ball. I find it interesting that I can't get a Gap sales girl - who clearly is not bringing home a significant chunk of the bacon (she works at the Gap) - to agree with her customer that yeah, this is ridiculous. I was obviously going to buy the ball regardless of her opinion or agreement. I'm not a fan of people that drink the cool-aid.

No comments: