Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bedtime

New bedtime rules are being enforced tonight - and my heart is literally breaking in half because of it. Miss M has been setting her own bedtime (sometime between 7pm and 8pm) for quite a while, but now that it has become very clear she has a mind of her own (welcome temper tantrums) the bedtime ritual is bordering on ridiculous. So we decided to institute a set bed time - 7:30pm. She is tired by this time each night, even if she thinks she doesn't want to go to bed, so it should be fine. She can find her own binky and lovie for support, so it should be FINE. Oh, but mom is not fine, mom is sooo not fine. I just spent the last 23 minutes listening to her cry and whine and cry and sound absolutely pathetic. I practically had to staple my ass to the chair to keep from going to comfort her. We'll all be better off in the long run - I don't want to end up on Supernanny - but now all I want to do is cuddle... and she's fast asleep.

No comments: