Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Going to my happy place...

Behind me to the left, my daughter is disemboweling my kitchen cabinets. All the measuring bowls are on the floor (upside down, because for some reason right-side-up is offensive to her), the sugar shaker (sans sugar) and the spatulas are organized in some kind of Blair Witch type of formation, and periodically she decides that mommy must really need a measuring spoon or plastic scoop and traverses the minefield of strainers and pot lids to hand off one of her trinkets. Maybe I should fill the bottom drawers with her toys instead of my kitchen tools. I'm sure that would keep her out of those drawers, because of course no well-worn toy can hold a candle to a bright red plastic spoon. Oops there went the pink mini-rolling pin, the only tool that has somehow manipulated an escape from little Attila over there. Crap, a hundred cupcake liners just went up like confetti.... going to my happy place now...only two more hours until bedtime, only two more hours until bedtime, only two more hours until bedtime....

No comments: