Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Country People Sure are Nice!

We didn't exactly move to the country. At least not by my definition. Country to me means dirt roads and lots-o-corn, and people that say "howdy" a lot, and tornados... and an hours drive to the nearest Gap. Currently our new home does not match any of those criteria. HOWEVER - that will not stop me from jokingly, and lovingly, referring to our new village as "the country".

So... country people sure are nice! Maggie and I went to the grocery store this morning and everyone had a smile for us. It may have had something to do with the fact that my daughter says "Hi!" to every single person that crosses her path, but hey, I'll take a smile any day. Strangers were talking to us, baggers were offering to help us, it was like being in Oz or something - what is this strange place... oh that's right, it's The Country!

No comments: