Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Day For Milestones

Today was Maggie's 18 month wellness appointment. Doctor kicked the tires and looked under the hood and she's a beaut! Three shots this time - Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis, the flu shot, and Hepatitis A. Here are her growth details:

Weight: 20 lbs 3.5 oz. (3-5%)
Height: 30.5 inches (10-25%)
Head: 46 cm (50%)

All are normal.

The highlight of the day came later... when she said "I love you" for the very first time!! I was saying it to her, and asked her if she could say it. What a big girl.

Another first today, Miss Maggie became a mommy! We were at the store and she picked out her very first plastic-headed baby doll, without any prompting from me (because quite frankly, those things kinda creep me out). She found it on the shelf, pointed and said "Baby!" and hasn't put it down since we got it home. She gave it her water cup, gave it her binky and lovey, and took it for a stroll in the doll stroller. She showed daddy her new baby, and has given it lots of hugs. I think she's really happy to be a single mommy.

And last but not least... she ate chicken tikka marsala for dinner tonight and LOVED it! I think it's so interesting that I can't get her to eat mashed potatoes, but she loves Chinese food and seems equally impressed by Indian food. Apparently she has a very diverse palate.

No comments: