Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Observation

Facebook is good for a lot of things, catching up with old friends, keeping up with current events, and being social without actually being social. I'm a fan, I guess. Actually, I think I would call Facebook my guilty pleasure. Anyway....

I was logged on to my favorite guilty pleasure yesterday, looking through the Halloween updates everyone provided and noticing how diverse my "friend" list has become. Nothing like a holiday to show you just how much your life and the lives of your friends have evolved over the years. For example, a solid third of my friends quickly posted pics of their kids in Halloween costumes (as did I) on Sat/Sun of last week. Another third posted pics of themselves in Halloween costumes. The last third is clearly not as addicted as the other two-thirds. I find it fascinating that some of my male friends, friends that partied and serial dated through college and their early 20's, had the most pictures of toddlers dressed up like pumpkins/pirates/etc. Some of my female friends posted stellar photos of themselves as sexy witches/vampires/disney characters. Wish I still had the bod (or the balls) to be a sexy witch. One friend posted pictures from Madison, WI annual Halloween extravaganza, proving that although we all get older and evolve, some things never change. There is still some guy on State Street dressed up as a giant penis, thinking his costume is AWESOME!

No comments: