Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Finally Broke Down...

... and purchased a DVD player for the car. We have a six hour car ride looming and the thought of trying to entertain the two year old was sooooo unappealing I just had to haul my butt to Best Buy today and hook her up with her very own mobile entertainment center. She got to pick out a new movie, and I got to pick out a nice 7-inch dual screen portable DVD player. I'm pretty psyched about it actually - she can watch on one of the screens, while I control the DVD on the other screen in the front seat. No twisting over the seat to fix DVDs or change DVDs or any of those such acrobatics. Knowing that my child will be mesmerized by 101 romping dalmatians for most of the trip has already helped me reach my happy place... a place where a big glass of wine and a butterscotch creme brulee await me after a nice, long, hot stone massage (this is of course an imaginary place). Now if only I can find a way to keep the damn terrier off of my lap during the trip (she sheds and sweats in the car, it's disgusting), my feeling of peace will be absolute.

1 comment:

Aunt Sarah said...

Remember only put the DVD player in the car on the long drives. She will become always want to watch to TV in car even the short car ride to Granny's.