Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

My Future Veterinarian

Maggie loves animals. It doesn't matter what animal it is, she loves it. The other day we were playing outside and I asked her to walk around the side of the house with me to fetch the mail. Halfway there she joyously pointed out a "MOUSE!" to me. Too bad the mouse was dead. I don't think Maggie knows what dead is yet. She spent about five minutes talking to the dead mouse, saying sweet things in her sing-song baby girl voice, and informing me that the mouse "went nigh-nigh mama." I was finally able to drag her away from her new best friend, "Bye bye mouse! Bye bye!" Though I should have had the foresight to take another route on the return trip because lo-and-behold, the mouse was still there! Woo Hoo! And another five minutes was spent talking to a dead mouse.

No comments: