Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

So Now You Have an Opinion

I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up after having spent the previous hour in the backyard spreading mulch around the flower beds. All of a sudden Maggie slinks up to me with a empty box of fruit snacks from her play kitchen and says, "Mama, I like fruit snacks." And promptly melts onto the floor. Goofball. Turns out the kid suddenly has a preference... in clothes, snacks, toys, shoes, etc.... and she'll tell you all about it. "Mama, I don't like this one," she says about the shirt I'm trying to cram over her head. "I like this!" she exclaims, pointing to a blow-up pool, as she examines the toy catalog that was delivered to our house last week. "Mama, no sparkly shoes, I no like sparkly shoes!" she cries as I try to push her foot into the jelly shoes she simply HAD to have last week at Old Navy. Do you know how hard it is to say "no" to her now? When she's so stinking cute with her "I like" and "I don't like"! It's near impossible. This parenting stuff is getting harder and harder.

No comments: