Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Still Fat

Ooops, I meant still PREGNANT. Oh well, same thing. Everything has been going well lately with baby number two, nothing to exciting to report as of late. My heartburn has waned a tiny bit so I'm not constantly sick anymore - just frequently sick. Pepcid AC is my new best friend. I think the biggest change has been reflected in my emotional state in the past three or four weeks. I cry a lot easier right now, easily depressed, easily overwhelmed, easily saddened. Hormones are NOT my best friend. I am 26 weeks right now, so almost into my third trimester. Even though I find myself crying at, well, everything right now, I am also super excited that we get to meet our next little girl in about 14 weeks. I just want to know her... know what she looks like, know if she will like the same things Maggie likes, if she will be more like her dad or like her mom. Right now she's so mysterious, my little Kung-fu fighter, beating the crap out of my abdomen. I've also been thinking a lot about Maggie lately and how she will react to another child in the family. I'm worried about her feeling left out, or lacking attention. Right now she is the center of our world, how do I split that center into two equal parts without her feeling like I'm taking something away from her? If anyone has any thoughts about this I'd be happy to hear them. And speaking of Maggie, she just rubbed yogurt on my pants to clean her hands, so... the end.

1 comment:

Aunt Sarah said...

We are excited to meet this baby girl too. Have you started talking about the baby with Maggie? She may not understand everything. Have her come with you to the doctor a couple of times. Just include her in everything you do for the baby, getting the room ready,putting in the carseat, etc. She may act out more when the baby comes but that is normal. She may all are start having more accidents too. As a mom you learn to split yourself into two. When the baby comes have Jason sleep at home with her. Have him take her shopping and pick a toy for the baby and a some thing special for the big sister. Daddy will have to give a little more attention to Maggie, while you are caring the baby. It will take time for everyone to get the hang of the new baby. Hang in there. You know you can call any time.