Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Who Knew You Could Be So Excited About Pee

We're safe and sound in Des Moines, Iowa, ready to celebrate a family wedding. I'm sure all the mama's out there can comisserate with me when I tell you how stressful planning, even for a short trip, can be. Because you know you are responsible for packing EVERYTHING... and making sure the kennel gets booked... and making sure you've mapped out the trip for possible bathroom stops (preferrably somewhere that won't give your kid hepatitis). My biggest stressor this trip however was the decision to diaper or not to diaper. Maggie has been daytime diaper free for over three weeks now, and accident free for almost as long. So with a seven hour car ride ahead of us do I trust her? You know what, I've realized I'm a "jump into the deep end and see if you float" type of mama. So off we went, sans diaper, and guess what... NO ACCIDENTS! About every two to two and a half hours she let us know that she had to go, we (thank god) were within a few miles of an exit with suitable facilities each time, and she didn't complain once about having to use a public restroom. If I'm this proud of her for not peeing in the car, I'm going to burst into flames when she gets into Harvard in 16 years!

No comments: