Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Medley of Hilarity

This past weekend pretty much sucked, hence the absence from posting. Maggie had Croup, she's still getting over it actually, and if you've ever had a kid with Croup you know it TOTALLY SUCKS!

Alright enough about that, get ready for some laughs! Here are a few of the highlights from the time spent prior to and surrounding the time spent trying to sooth the unsoothable beast/child...

Maggie helped me take the trash down to the street the other day. And by help I mean she meandered around the front lawn looking for worms and bird poop while I wheeled the cans. Suddenly she's calling to me excitedly, I turn around and see that she has dropped trou and is sitting on her butt in the grass. "I go pee pee on the grass Mama!!" Hmmm.... not sure what to do about this one. On the one hand, gross. On the other hand, if you're a desperate two year old the grass seems a better solution than her pants. We'll see if it happens again, and just hope that it doesn't.

Another story - oddly enough, pee related. At lunch today in the ladies room, Maggie notices the happy little bears painted on the changing station in the stall we're occupying. I tell her, "That's for babies that wear diapers. You don't need diapers, right?" and she replies, "I don't need diapers, I'm a big girl!" Awwwww. Then she says it again. And again. And again, and again, and again. Do your kids get stuck in these obsessively repetitive speech patterns? I'm sure the woman in the stall next to us was super excited to hear all about Maggie's lack of diapers, 32 times.

And last but not least...baby. She is trying to bust out, Alien style. She really knows how to make her presence known. Maggie was lying on my chest/stomach this weekend feeling miserable when all of a sudden her sister decided she didn't like being weighed down and kicked Maggie in the head. Maggie's head shot up and she looked at me. I told her, "That was your baby sister, did you feel her?" Maggie smiled, I know she thought it was cool, but all I could think was, yeah, you think it's cool now... just wait until those footballer feet are on the outside.

No comments: