Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scarred for Life... Again

I messed up the kid again last night. I'm such a wonderful parent.

Maggie was being a little crabby about taking a bath, so I decided to let her take her bath in our big mater bathtub, a big oval, jetted, spa thing. She was having a grand old time, playing with her toys and "swimming", when I got the bright idea to turn on the jets. As the jets rumbled to life her face went blank, and for a second there I thought she might actually like it, but then, horror! Because I am an idiot I didn't notice that the jets were not fully submerged in water, so instead of sending bubbles up to the surface of the water, they sprayed water all around the tub - car wash style - and directly into the face of my poor, unsuspecting child. Needless to say, she freaked out. She started crying and came scampering for the side of the tub saying, "Mama, I don't like it anymore! I scared!" I felt like such a jerk, funny how a stupid bathtub can break your heart a little bit.

On the upside, an eighteen year-old Maggie might think twice before jumping into a hot tub to make out with boys... seeing as how I scarred her for life and everything.

No comments: