Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mama May I

The spongy super-soaker brain of a toddler is a marvelous thing. I've been big on manners for a while now and she's gotten pretty good at please and thank you, bless you, excuse me, etc. But today was the ultimate. Today she said, "Mama, please may I have some water?" Woo Hoo! A FULL SENTENCE that included "please" and "may I". I'm so proud!

Another language related story - she just came up to me and said, "Mama, I want to color on my paper." I looked at her and didn't immediately respond as I was too distracted by the 45 Hello Kitty stamps covering the length of her arms (I knew I should have thrown that stamp away!). Apparently she assumed this meant I hadn't understood her. So she repeated, very slowly and with a low voice, "Mama,... I ... want... to... color... on.... my... paper." I could almost hear her inner dialogue calling me a moron. I had better hop to!

No comments: