Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Syrup

Pancakes. A Maggie favorite. But what are pancakes without syrup? Crap, that's what. And what are pancakes without a lake of syrup? Well, I really couldn't tell you, seeing as how we take a swim in Lake Maple every time we have pancakes. If pancakes weren't so darn absorbent we could cut back on syrup considerably. Maggie is kind of a grazer when it comes to meal time. It takes about an hour to really finish breakfast in the morning. "Mom! My syrup is all gone! I need more!" Even though her pancakes are not all gone. I've tried many times to convince her that her syrup is in fact still on the plate, it's just in the pancakes, but it's a concept too obtuse for a two-year-old to grasp I guess. So here comes more syrup... as if she wasn't sweet enough as it is.

No comments: