Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Time to Brag About My Kid...

Today could have been wretched. Maggie wet the bed and woke up really early, and she has a cough and a runny nose. But somehow, miraculously, I have the perfect child today. I must have been owed a favor, cosmically speaking.

We went to gym class and started off with a little whine and cheese, but quickly changed our tune when we watched one of the other kids have the mother of all melt-downs and have to be removed from the room by the teacher. After that she was happy to somersault herself into oblivion, if for no other reason that to avoid contact with the teacher.

After class we went to Olive Garden with Granny for lunch. We were seated about four tables away from a family with two "spirited" little boys, one of which was crying his eyes out on the table and the other of which was climbing in and out of his chair and running around the table. Oh, and they had a baby too. Between our tables an elderly woman and her daughter(?) were trying to enjoy their lunch. At the end of their meal they came over to me to compliment me on my beautiful, WELL BEHAVED, child. I'm sure she looked like gold when compared to the table down the way (the table that quickly dissolved into threats, reprimands, and public flogging..er..I mean spankings). I was beaming, so proud! Then as we got up to leave the woman that had been seated in the booth behind us complimented me on my gorgeous girl, telling me that Maggie had the most darling look on her face as she helped herself to my soup during our meal.

Proud, proud, proud!!! Lucky day for us, I love when all the hard work - parenting - pays off!

No comments: