Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Before I forget...

Before I forget, let me tell you about Catie. I looked at the calendar the other day and realized that she is now over three months old, no more newborn. Sad. I also realized that I'm on the verge of forgetting all about this version of her. My brain is so busy retaining the information I need handy for future endeavors (like the next grocery trip, when pre-school tuition is due, which bills to pay next) that it lets go of the past quickly to free up more room. This means that not only do I completely forget what I had for dinner last night, but I also stand to loose some very important details regarding the cuteness of one Baby Bird.

Let's start with that nickname. Baby Bird has been the only one that's really stuck, although I think I might change it to Baby Goose, or Baby Ostrich, or some other larger variation on the theme. Catie is ENORMOUS compared to her sister at this age. She has the gushy, squishy baby thighs that everyone loves, she's soft like a little pillow and sometimes I wish I could hold her chubby little cheek to mine forever. She is smiley and happy, a very content little girl - which is good because her sister is hardly ever content and I think Cate knows that Mommy can only deal with one diva at a time.

Cate's head is the size of a planetoid. She has a little trouble keeping it from bobbling around, so even though she enjoys sitting upright now she is fighting a loosing battle with gravity and she often finds herself checking out the grain of the hardwood floor.

As far as entertainment goes, I think Catie's favorite thing in the world is getting her diaper changed. Some kids scream bloody murder when they get their nappy changed, but not Cate. She smiles and giggles and coos, you just can't help yourself - you HAVE to blow raspberries on her belly while changing her diaper, that smile is like a tractor beam pulling mommy lips to baby belly.

I honestly can't think of a single downside to this darling. Well - maybe that she's not totally sleeping through the night yet (only every other night or so), so that kind of sucks. I am knocking on wood as I say this... how did I get so lucky?

I love you Catie!

No comments: