Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dear Santa

Last year my nephew really, really wanted a Batman castle for Christmas. I don't think anyone fully appreciated the extent of his desire though, because Christmas came and went with no Batman castle under the tree*. Santa had let him down, the letter he wrote, the lap time he logged, and no Batman castle. So this year he decided to hedge his bets. Here is the letter he wrote to Santa (that I spied on his coffee table yesterday afternoon).

Dear Santa,

This year I want to be surprised.

That's it. That's the letter. I suppose there is very little disappointment if you are non-specific in your request. I hope you don't mind me sharing this story Auntie Sarah, I was just sitting here thinking about it and giggling.

*he did eventually recieve the Batman castle, for his birthday.

1 comment:

Auntie Sarah said...

We do not mind. He tells everyone that Santa did not bring him what he wanted or Santa made a mistake. Santa will not let him down this year.