Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Airplane Clouds

Driving home today Maggie saw an "airplane cloud" in the sky. For those of you who are not familiar with the term "airplane cloud", an airplane cloud is the line of exhaust cloud that a plane leaves in the sky. I don't know what it's called, so now it is called an airplane cloud.

Lately Maggie has been very in to explaining how she is growing and getting bigger. Sometimes she gets smaller and she bends her knees and scrunches down close to the ground, but mostly she is getting bigger. These conversations often seque into talk of her upcoming birthday.

She looked at that airplane cloud and said, "Look Mom, that airplane cloud is a big girl, like me!" This is a comment regarding the fact that it was a vertical cloud instead of a horizontal one. "Him so tall, he can't fit in the car!" "Maybe him need to go home and see him Mommy." "Maybe him ate too much CAKE!" "Him so tall, him ate too much cake, right Mommy?" "Him have crumbs on him, silly goose!" "Him growing!" (as we drive closer). "I not little, I big, right Mommy?" I know there are parts of this converstaion I am missing, it went on for at least five minutes, but you get the idea.

I love, love, love seeing that preschool imagination shine through!

No comments: