Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Save Me From Bedtime!

Seriously, someone, anyone please help! Save me from bedtime! How can this sentiment be felt by both mother and daughter at the same time? I don't know, but I often find myself bargaining, soothing, punishing, and explaining away my evenings as I attempt to wrangle a rapid bear into a twin-sized bed. And the whole time, I stand there and think, "Someone please save me, this sucks worse than laundry!"

Apparently the rapid bear feels the same way, which is probably why she spends all of her time negotiating, whining, begging, and literally bouncing off the walls. Tonight she was getting really desperate though. She had been warned that if she called out for "Mommy!" once Mommy had said nigh-nigh and left the room, Daddy would be the one to come and help (although this threat holds no disciplinary value, it is still undesirable enough to keep the bear's post-bedtime requests to a minimum). So I left the room and stood outside the door for a couple minutes just to be sure she didn't try to sneak downstairs (all of a sudden she's rather brave, damn it). She starts "fake" crying and whining, murmuring "Mommy" and making an incomprehensible request, then exclaims, "I JUST NEED SOMEONE! MOMMY, DADDY, CATIE, MY DOGGIES... SOMEONE PLEASE!"

I laughed... which sucks because it means my cover is blown... and go in to see if Peyton the dog might need some assistance in helping with whateverthehell it was she wanted. Apparently the blanket had fallen off her left-big-toe. I really hate bedtime. Good Night.

1 comment:

Walter's mom said...

Oh. My. God. Bedtime sucks.
I'm very sorry for your troubles, but I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one going through it! Again and again, night after night. They'll grow out of this, right???