Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Time Flies

So yeah, it's been more than a couple of days since my last post. In my defence... well, actually I have no defence really, just the normal amount of busy with a little trip to Savannah thrown in there. Savannah was lovely, by the way, and I would completely recommend it as a long-weekend location for any weary parents looking for a relaxing but interesting (and beautiful) reprieve from the screaming, whining masses (aka their children). Just don't stay at the Inn on Ellis Square. Trust me.

But that's not really what I wanted to write about, so hear I go, changing the subject. Today we went to a movie. On the way to the movie Maggie was playing some kind of game in the backseat that involved, "Three, two, one, BLAST OFF!" But "blast off" sounded more like "pants off" in Maggie-speak so I amused myself by pretending she was saying "Three, two, one, PANTS OFF!" Tee hee.

Rio was our choice, and if you're considering seeing it - and you're probably not - don't bother. Jesse Eisneberg voices the main bird character and all I could think as I watched was of him sitting in front of a computer with a scowl on his face and reading these lines. Facebook dude as a blue Macaw. Lame.

Maggie seemed to like it though; Catie, on the other hand, must have higher standards. She spent the entire time spinning in circles on my lap. I felt like I was wrestling a greased piglet. You know what you probably shouldn't do with a nine month old? Take her to a movie right after nap time. She spun in circles for awhile, she stood up and stared at the people behind me, she vocalized her displeasure with the films writing, she shoved her finger in my mouth and got bit (I swear it was an accident), and she pooped her pants. She was super awesome. Super, duper awesome.

The staff at the movie theatre must all be pregnant, even the guys, because while I was thinking "what the HELL was I thinking" they were all complimenting my adorable, beautiful, baby girl. The two women selling tickets, the guy selling popcorn, and the guy taking the tickets all commented on how cute Catie is. She is cute, this I know, but even the twenty-year-old popcorn guy? Really? Don't they know she's just going to disrupt the other paying customers and drop Cheerios all over the place?

No comments: