Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

To celebrate Mother's Day this year we went to brunch buffet with my mom and dad.  It was deeeelicious.  I felt a little bit like a cartoon mom though.  When we came in I got the girls situated, then insisted on taking a picture ("Everyone smile!  Just one picture!"), then hurried off to fill a plate for each girl, then spent ten minutes cutting things up for each girl and making sure they were actually going to eat what I gave them.  I finally went to get my plate and of course by the time I got back both girls needed help with something, anything - just so my food wouldn't stay so hot, they must know mom really likes to eat her food room temperature... she writes sarcastically.  Then I ran around the table about twenty-three times and then, only then, was I finally ready to eat.

It was a little ridiculous, but then again, if I wasn't hopping around after these two twerps I wouldn't be celebrating the day at all!  So THANK GOODNESS I never eat food that would be considered even luke-warm.  And thank goodness I spent the first 15 minutes of every meal running in circles, it helps me keep my mom-ish figure.  And thank goodness I'm not afraid to drag out a camera for every minor event, because if I didn't I wouldn't have such wonderful reminders of my time as a mommy to two of the most wonderful little girls in the world.

So, here's the funny story about brunch.  It's about our comedian-in-residence of course.  Maggie was really excited once she saw the vast variety of food, but she stuck to her favorites and insisted she wanted eggs, sausage, and pancakes.  Trouble was, the one thing they didn't have was pancakes.  I scooped up some french toast, poured on enough syrup to drown a small dog, and hoped for the best.

 Back at the table she immediately pointed to the french toast and asked, "What's THAT!  I want pancakes!" 
Quick thinking Mommy answered, "That's FRENCH pancakes, like Fancy Nancy (children's book) likes!" 
"Oooohhh, that's OK then."  She gobbled them up.  Oh la la!

No comments: