Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Baby's First Ice Cream

I mean, honestly... is there anything cuter than watching a baby eat her first ice cream cone?  No.  No there is not.

Yesterday we were a little let down by the local "fun fair" (not really a fair, not really fun) so we decided to treat the girls to some Dairy Queen instead.  Catie got her first big-girl "baby" cone.  I held it up to her lips and she kinda kissed it and looked a little surprised.  Before I could pull the cone away she opened her mouth wide and tried to shove the entire top of the ice cream into her mouth with both hands.  I pulled her hands away with one arm and tried to maneuver the cone out of the way while holding her with the other arm.  You know how a cartoon dog looks when it's snarling and biting, trying to catch a cat through a chain-link fence?  That's kind of how Catie looked trying to get her ice cream cone through my defenses. 

We took her outside (to minimize the damage to the shop) and sat her on a table so I could have better control over her extremities and she calmed down enough to take bite after bite, slurping up all the ice cream and every last crumb of the cone.  If she had the dexterity to lick her fingers one-by-one I think she would have done it.  She was very pleased with herself... until she noticed that I had yet to touch my mini-Blizzard.  She informed me through a series of squawks that she would be happy to take some of that Blizzard off my hands.  Yum, yum, yummy.

No comments: