Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Modest? Not so much.

Maggie, file this under "stories my mom will tell to embarrass me later in life". 

While we were in Iowa for the State Fair we stayed at a hotel with an indoor pool.  Each afternoon we would drag our sweaty, tired bodies back to the hotel and take the girls for a little swim to reinvigorate.  One afternoon, no one else was in the pool area, we had it all to ourselves, Maggie needs to go to the bathroom.  So she jumps out of the pool and quickly walks over to the bathroom.  She comes out about 30 seconds later holding the crotch of her swimsuit to one side, fully exposing her, eh=hem, little lady.  "Mom, see - like this, right mom?  Come help me mom!"  And she just stands there showing off her hoo-haa, in the middle of the pool deck.  Jason is looking mortified, "What the hell is she doing?" and my 12 year old brother-in-law (lucky him, he decided to hang out with us rather than with his parents that day) was just shaking his head, trying not to look at her.  I had to explain that because it is a pain in the ass for a girl to get a wet swimsuit off and on for the bathroom, I had showed Maggie how to move her swimsuit over instead of stripping.  This is something that a guy would never even think of, I'm sure.  Apparently it's not a skill she has mastered on her own.

No comments: