Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Maggie The Adult

Maggie The Adult quickly lends me her beach towel to clean up the bottle of water her baby sister just spilled on the carpet.  After I clean up the spill she wants the towel back and I tell her, "You can have it, but it might be a little wet now.  Thank you for letting me use it, that really helped to keep the water from soaking in!"  Maggie The Adult replied, "Aww Mom, you don't have to thank me."

I don't know that this exchange comes across in type the way it did in real life, but I had to put it in here.  She says these sorts of things all the time lately, very unexpectedly.  She could have been a middle-aged southern woman with pearls and a mint julip in one hand... "Honey, you don't have to thank me. I would do anything for my fellow DAR." 

1 comment:

Gmom said...

She does say very adult-like things sometimes...then, she tells those "knock-knock" jokes and she's definitely 4 years old!