Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Anybody Out There

More than a year since my last post... that makes me sad.  I was going through Catie's baby book today, trying to write in some updates, and I realized that so much of her first two years were written about in this blog.  Hardly anything is written in the book.  Times change. 

Reading past entries it seems obvious now that I've started a sort of memoir for them.  This blog contains so much of me and them and us... I miss it.  I need to start writing again.

So welcome back me!  Older, slightly wiser me - well, if not wiser, maybe a little more experienced me.  While I've been away we've started a real estate business and have become landlords.  We've moved to our "dream" property - three acres with oak trees and a pond.  And we've had many, many fun times together... all of which I should have been writing about!

We've all grown-up some, and we're all big girls now with big girl schedules.  kindergarten, preschool, swim class, dance class, gymnastics, exploring, learning, travelling, shopping, lunching, these are the things we love and spend our time doing.  We've made wonderful, hopefully life-long, friendships with some amazing people.  My, how time flies when you're having fun with a three year old and a five (almost six!) year old.

I don't know if I'll ever try to fill in the blanks from the past year, but I may try, we'll see.  For now, I'll start with today.  What can I tell you about today...

Awhile back I wrote a story for my kids about Sneezle, the sneezing weasel-impersonating dog.  Every once in a while we talk about what Sneezle would be up to if he had another story to tell.  His friend Coffee (get it - Cough-ey) was a fun addition from Granny last year, and tonight we discussed whether or not Coffee would be a good alias for Steve, our big dumb dog.  Maggie suggested, secretly (don't tell anyone Mom!  it's embarrassing!), that Sneezle's new friend look like Steve and be called Tootie!  I think you can assume from the name what Tootie's special trick is... and it is oh so appropriate a moniker for good ol' Steve.  Love that funny kid.

More tomorrow... hopefully...

No comments: