Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My baby hates me...

Monday's are rough. I think she's starting to figure out that I leave her on Monday's and she doesn't like it. Saturday and Sunday are a blessing... happy bubbly baby, cooing, playing, wiggling, giggling... and then Monday rolls around and psycho baby shows up.

It's always something on Monday. A few Monday's ago she slept like a log through the whole day - which is good I guess, but pretty unexpected. Last Monday she wouldn't sleep at all - not so good. And yesterday her little baby head exploded when she woke up from her morning map and was scared sh*tless (for the first time ever) by the presence of the nanny and the absence of the mommy. The nanny was pretty surprised to be greeted by unexplainable baby hysterics.

And as if I didn't feel like Mommy-dearest already... I get home from work and the kid will look everywhere, except at me. The TV looks fun, the bookshelf too, even the dining room wall, but mommy was decidely of no interest to her. I was being shunned. When all you want to do at the end of a long work day is see your baby's dopey little smile and cuddle her up this is the last thing you want your baby to learn how to do - punish you for not being around. It took her about an hour to fall in love with me again and the shunning to come to an end. Yes she's young and hasn't figured out how to do much of anything yet, but apparently manipulation is a skill we humans master at a very early age.

No comments: