Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Since you were so worried I'd write about you in my blog...

My dear brother, don't you know by now that if you joke with me about something you will pay the consequences? J, You are officially included in my blog.

We went to my nephew's 3-year-old birthday party this past weekend. I can't wait until Miss M is this age, they are just so entertaining. But what was most entertaining (to me anyway) about the party was my brother, J, my nephew's father.

When you were a little kid, or teenager, or even young adult, you never think of your younger siblings as anything besides just that - younger. And then one day you look around and instead of seeing the kid that used to make mud-soup in the back of mom's riding lawn mower, you see a grown up with a 3 year old (and another on the way) desperately trying to pull off the best 3-year-old birthday party he can while at the same time trying to bond with his nieces, carry on a conversation with old-fogies, and keep his wife from going crazy with 20 people in her house. When did we grow up?

I am so grateful that my brothers and I are still close. Many adults aren't as lucky. I love seeing my brother scoop up Miss M and hold her close, and my other brother make funny faces as her until she giggles. Momements like those make me realize we don't see each other nearly enough. I just hope as Miss M grows up she'll love her Uncle J, and her Uncle W, just as much as her mommy does.

No comments: