Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sesame Street = Baby Heaven

Miss M doesn't watch TV. I wish I could say it's because we're trying to raise her without the constant influence and stimulation of man's best friend, but that's not really true. If I could get her to sit still for a Disney cartoon once in a while I would. But the kid is not normal, and she has no tolerance for cartoons in any form. Nor is she interested in "grown-up" programming. But then we found Sesame Street, and she is in awe. This morning, for example, Miss M spent the entire half hour between 6:30 and 7:00am with her jaw dangling open, completely entranced by numbers, letters, puppets and children. Well, almost the entire half hour - when they switched to a segment featuring a cartoon she got all pissed off and started crying - but when Elmo reappeared she calmed right down and fell back into her trance. Watching her watching TV has so far been the highlight of my day. Gotta love public television.

No comments: