Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Cried

I stood at the kitchen sink rinsing away the remnants of last nights dinner, loading the dishwasher while my sick baby lay sleeping in the next room. And I cried. In about an hour I was going to have to leave her, and her 102 degree temperature, at home while I went to work. She's sick, all she wants is Mommy to make her feel better, and I have to go to work, and I hate it. It's not fair to her, it's heartbreaking to me, and I wish I could just stay with her. I cried my frustration into the dishwasher while the dog stood behind me with her ears laid back, sad that I was sad. The house was quiet, I wasn't even dressed yet, I was waiting for a very helpful grandma to come take care of my baby, and I'm thinking "What is wrong with this picture?" Why would I be going to a job that is clearly not as important as the job I have here? Why would I be doing that? It felt so wrong, so out-of-whack. There is a crossroads up ahead, and I think I know which turn to take now.

No comments: