Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Love TV

As known from a previous post, Miss M does not like to watch TV. Well, she's going to have to get over that pretty soon or she's not going to last long in this family! I'm kidding, of course. But what person under the age of 75 does not in some part identify their childhood with television? Furthermore, I seem to remember world events much better when I can somehow link them to a television show. I mean, I vividly remember watching the Challenger blow up in my elementary school library with the rest of my classmates - but I even more vividly remember watching Punky Brewster watch the Challenger blow up in her classroom. Let's see how many memories I can stir up for you...

1. Strawberry Shortcake - I remember chanting "the peculiar purple pieman of porcupine peak, ya da da da ta ta, ya ta ta ta" with my brother during rainy days watching taped cartoons.

2. My Two Dads - Didn't it seem like Nicole must have the coolest life? I mean, two dads, you'd be the coolest kid in school, right? I guess this show was before gay people were invented.

3. Perfect Strangers - This show sure was funny, even though I couldn't understand half of it. What the hell was that guy's name anyway? Balky? Something like that. Again, before gay people were invented.

4. Silver Spoons - Oh swoon, Ricky Schroder. Whatever, barf. I'm more of a Dylan McKay type of girl.

5. Didn't Saturday morning cartoons seem to be sooo much better way back when? Smurfs, Snorks, Care Bears, Wuzzles, Ducktales, The Pound Puppies, Bernstein Bears, Gummi Bears, Jem (she's truly outrageous), Poochie, Popples, Rainbow Brite, Thundercats, He-Man, the list goes on, and on, and on...

No comments: