Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm not cut out for manual labor.

Why is it that six years ago I decided to replant the backyard of the apartment I was renting - at my expense - and barely broke a sweat, and now I can't even pull up a few feet of grass in my front yard without feeling like I'm going to die? GAWD I feel so old! I mean C'MON! I should be able to lift a shovel more than 15 times without giving up to go in the house and have a glass of wine. Did I tell you that we had our front walk and steps replaced yesterday? Yeah, the new stamped concrete path looks super awesome, but now I have to clean up the space around the awesome path and make it look like five big, sweaty concrete guys didn't just trample all over it. Now I'm trying to pull out the grass around the path so I can plant a row of bushes, and each individual blade of grass has decided to stage a sit-in and chain themselves to the dirt. I'm the moron in her front yard at 7 o'clock at night using her rubber band muscles to jump up and down on a shovel, driving it a miraculous inch and a half into the earth before throwing down the shovel in disgust and crouching down with her ass in the air, while have the neighborhood drives by behind her, to pull out the renitent grass with her hands, the whole while muttering, "there must be some teenager out there I can pay to do this!!"

No comments: