Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

One is like one and two is like ten...

And three is like the entire Hun army is rampaging through my living room! I'm sitting here wondering how everything got so damn sticky? That's a side effect I didn't anticipate.

My niece and nephew have been staying with us this weekend, and let me just start by saying I LOVE L-O-V-E LOVE my niece and nephew. But... oh. my. god. I am sooooo tired! Individually Maggie and her cousins are just dolls, but good god put them together and I think I've gone deaf and blind because it seems that one is talking to me and I have no idea what he's saying, and another is dancing on the coffee table and I have no idea how she got up there. The third, wait a minute, what happened to the third one?! (just kidding)

As tired as I am, and I mean so tired I think I'm going to postpone baby number 2 for at least a further six months, I can still find time to write just how awesome these kids are. Cousin E for example, has given me some of the best hugs ever in the past 24 hours, and watching her fall asleep in the crook of Uncle Jason's arm this morning was just priceless. And Cousin C, four year olds sure will keep you on your toes won't they. Watching him hold Maggie's hand to walk around the farm we visited today, and hearing him tell the girls "We're almost there Sweetie Pies!" on the way home... adorable!

But seriously, don't expect any happy pregnancy surprises before Christmas - we're delaying that particular grand idea until we can be sure the first one is capable of walking in a straight line first (how many times can a kid trip over her own two feet?).

No comments: