Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Your Kid Will Never Love You

I got a nice little look into the future today.

I'm lying on the couch, not feeling so hot. Maggie is watching Elmo and playing with her toys, and I have the sudden urge to give her squeeze. I call out to her, "Maggie, Maggie, Maggie!" She turns her head, smirks at me, and turns back to her toys. I try again, "Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, come 'ere PLEASE!" She looks at me and says, "Why Mama?!"
"Cuz I wanna give you a hug please!"
"NO MAMA, NO!"

Ugh. A perfect example of how a child's love is different from a mother's love. If Maggie is saying, "Mama, Mama, Mama!!" I come running. Apparently it doesn't work the same when the roles are reversed. Soon enough she'll be telling me to back off and mind my own business... I can get a tattoo if I want too.... but I LOVE him mom... I hate you!!!!! Arghhhhhh!!!!!!

No comments: