Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Magical Fruit

Vegetables are hit or miss in this house... more often than not they are a miss. Maggie will try just about anything once, but she is not afraid to let me know when she thinks something is "yucky". Today's veggie of choice: the green bean.

As an infant she was all about the mushed up baby food version of green beans, but it's been months since a bean was able to infiltrate that impenetrable fortress that is my child's mouth. So I try to make it a little fun - look at how much Mommy loves her green beans, YUM YUM YUM - uh oh, the doggy wants to eat your green beans, no doggy! - these tactics didn't work. BUT, this did - Maggie, if you want a bean all you have to say is "Bean me!" and I'll pop one in your mouth. "Bean me!" pop, in goes the bean. "Bean me!" pop, in goes the bean. "Bean me MAMA! Bean me Mama!"

Woo Hoo! Success!

No comments: