Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Mother's Kiss

Everyone uses home remedies. Some use herbs or things from the garden to heal, others use methods passed down from their mothers and grandmothers. I use kisses. Bumped your head? Here let me kiss it. Skinned your knee? Mama will fix it with a kiss. Pinched your finger in the door? Kiss, kiss, kiss! This remedy works 99% of the time for 99% of common toddler boo-boos. So of course today I come up against an injury I just can't fix so easily.

Maggie comes waddling up to me with her pajama pants hiked up to her chest complaining that "Mama, my hoo-haa hurt!" Well, I'd imagine it does with the camel-toe she had going on with those jammies. "MAMA! KISS IT! Hoo-haa owie!!!"

Ohhhhhhh crap. Try as I might I could not make a two-year-old understand why Mama could not kiss away this particular owwie. So I distracted her with candy. I'm such a good mom.

1 comment:

arial said...

While I've never been requested to kiss that particular area, I have had great success with kissing my kid's hand and then having him or her put the kiss where it hurts.