Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sisters

So far so good, no baby on baby violence at our house. However, Maggie is currently wrestling a very reluctantly participating Jack Russell Terrier... a girl has to take our her frustratation somewhere.

Seriously though, Maggie loves this baby. She may not always be keen on Mom and Dad, but she LOVES this baby. I just came out of the bathroom and the two of them are on my bed watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Maggie is "Feeding baby sister Mama!" Cate had been crying and Maggie grabbed the bottle off the nightstand and very gently gave her sister some sips. Yes, this does freak me out a little bit, but what's the worst that could happen - gas bubble? baby barf? not the end of the world, and if Maggie wants to try and make her sister feel better in the 30 seconds it takes me to pee, then I think it's worth the risk.

When I came back to the bed and scooped up the baby (who had resumed crying), Maggie said, "Hey! Give me my baby sister back!" She was just sitting next to her, not holding her or anything crazy, but she liked it... and I was intruding. It made me think about a few years from now when they will be playing or gossiping or whatever and I will banished from their fun. Is it strange that I'm looking forward to being banished? I'm just so happy that I can give my two girls to each other, that they'll always have each other - even when they are 14 and 16 and I'm an old lady that doesn't know anything about anything and totally suck.

No comments: