Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

More Verbal Hijinks

Each day I find myself giggling, or full-out belly laughing, at Maggie's ever expanding vocabulary. I try to give her every opportunity to flex her vocal muscles and frequently engage in ridiculous conversations with her. For example, this evening...

"Mama!! I have to go potty!"
"OK, honey I'll be right there."
"Hurry, hurry, poo poo coming. Poo poo coming out of my butt!"
I rush to the bathroom after that comment, the last thing I need is poo poo on the floor. After helping the kid onto the toilet she tells me, "Mom, I spilled applesauce on my shirt. I licked it off," then mimics the licking of the shirt. "Peyton (the dog) can't eat my dinner, she'll get sick. Stevie (other dog) will get sick too. Oh! More poo poo coming! I like to watch my show. Scooby Doo is funny! (rented video this evening)"

The train of thought of a two year old is pretty freaking hilarious.

No comments: