Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Who's House? The Mouse's House!

It's official, we're off to the Mouse's house. Our first trip to Disney World is planned and booked. We got an awesome rate at an on-property resort, a great deal on airfare, and the dining plan free. It's probably the cheapest Disney trip you can possibly take.

You might assume that it's pointless to take a trip like this with two kids that won't remember it in years to come, but Jason and I will, right? I get to remember the awe on my girl's face the first time she sees Cinderella's castle. And I get to remember seeing her dressed in her Cinderella costume as she eats lunch with the REAL Cinderella. It will be real for her, all those princesses and fairies and mice, so it will be real for me, and I love that. I get a little tear in my eye just thinking of it.

Trust me, Maggie will have the time of her life, as would any girl that watches Sleeping Beauty six times in three days (we're on day three right now).

Anyone have any good Disney tips?

1 comment:

UKnowWho said...

Better take mouse traps - I heard they have lots of mice there! For bait you have to use $10 bills. Tips for Disney....have patience..not with your kids, but everybody's elses. Parents can be pushy when they want their kids to see a big rat with equally big shoes, a talking duck with no pants, singing bears(found only in the south), annoying fairies, and numerous princes and princesses bumping into each other as they dance the waltz and don't forget the "goofy" dogs! Where else can you go to see all this neat stuff!?