Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

MIA

Busy! Busy, busy, busy, BUSY! I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, but I finally just finished Mount Laundry-more, or Mount More Laundry. Same thing. Funny how two weeks away, a major holiday, and about fifty other things push laundry to the bottom of the list (apparently, just above blogging).

Let's see, how was our holiday... there was an early Christmas, a trip to Cayman, New Year's at home, and the first day of school. So much to type about, so little time. Let me give you the Campbell's version (condensed)...

Christmas (see pictures below):

Turns out Catie loves unwrapping gifts. Kinda "eh" on the actual gift inside, but fascinated by the tearing of paper. Couldn't keep her grubby little hands off of the boxes. Maggie's fav this year was a Barbie "Show and Shower" horse. You actually get to put water in it's tub and shower it... yes, with REAL water! Yay! Needless to say, this is not my favorite gift, actually, it falls into the "What the hell was I thinking" category of gifts. I think Cate's fav was wrapping paper, ahhh, my simple child (she says with a wink).

Cayman (see even more pictures below):

Ahhhhhhhhh.... that's pretty much it.

Just kidding... Cayman was beautiful as always. Sunny most days, warm most days, lots of relaxing and convincing small children that yes, it was in fact bedtime. Read a new book, The Passage by Justin Cronin, would highly recommend it (if you like post-apocalyptic vampire thrillers with strong attention to detail). The kids were a dream on the flight there and back, and now we're looking forward to the next trip, Disney in about three weeks.

And last but not least, first day of school:

Maggie is officially a preschooler. She started Tuesday/Thursday morning preschool at a local Montessori school. To be perfectly honest, I still don't have the damnedest idea what Montessori is, but it's one of the only places I could find that offered a "toddler" class (she would otherwise be starting in September) that wasn't a daycare. So far, all I do know about Montessori is that they must teach them how to do the dishes, because after dinner on her first day she ponied right up to the kitchen sink and insisted on washing all the dishes. Hey, it may not be the alphabet, but I'm not complaining.

She loves school, by the way. It makes me wish I would have had her start back in September. She cried for about 30 seconds the first day, but fit right in after that. The teacher says it's like she's been a part of the class all year. We're so proud of her and when I tell her that she beams from ear to ear and says, "I'm proud of me too Mom!" Oh, and in case you were wondering, I didn't really cry either.

Lots-o-pictures at the following site: shutterly





No comments: