Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fish Fiasco

We have a miracle fish. His new name is Jesus. He came back from the other side today.

Jason has been harping on me to clean the fish tank for the past week, so today, when I realized I couldn't actually see the fish through the glass anymore, I decided to clean the tank. I put the fish in a Tupperware... the same Tupperware I usually put a lid on so he won't do something stupid like try to fly... and left him on top of the bookshelf. Then I started cleaning the tank, made dinner, ate dinner, and then (at least an hour and a half later) went back to finish cleaning the tank.

As I stood on the step ladder (our tank is on a top shelf) pouring water back into the tank I glanced at the Tupperware... AND THE FISH WASN'T IN IT! You know how in horror movies (or cartoons) there is a sudden zoom in and that EEH, EEH, EEH, noise when the "horror" is discovered? Well, that totally happened... in my head. The fish was laying about eight inches to the right of the Tupperware... not moving... not breathing... not even wet.

Oh my god, how am I going to explain this to Maggie? I yell, "Oh no!" before I realize what is coming out of my mouth and Jason comes running. "What's wrong?" he asks, and at the same time Maggie's psychic abilities make themselves known and she says, "What's wrong with the fish? I WANT A NEW FISH!"(disloyal, fair-weather-fish-friend). As I mentioned, the fish was on top of the bookshelf, no way she could have seen that fish.

I quickly scooped up the fish and dumped him in the the tank... then realized I hadn't treated the water in the tank yet so if he was still alive he was now breathing acid (chlorine) water. But to my great surprise he started swimming around like nothing had happened. Admittedly, he was limping a little, and giving me a dirty look, but he just kept swimming, just kept swimming (Nemo reference).

The Jesus fish is alive... and still swimming three hours later! It's a MIR-AH-CLE!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Funniest thing I've heard in a long time. That isn't a Jesus fish - that a Devil fish! I'd watch my back if I were you!