Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Words

Are there any words you remember mistaking in childhood - and fully believing that you were saying them correctly? For example... I was sure that Pizza Hut was actually called Pizza HOT, like a warning. And I was positive that a grilled cheese sandwich was actually a girl-ed cheese sandwich (they were only for girls... although this makes no sense because my brother ate them all the time). It wasn't until learned how to spell that I realized neither was true.

Maggie has words like this too. She thinks the hood on her coat is called a "hood up". I can see where she might get confused, I am almost always using those two words in conjunction, as in "Maggie, put your hood up sweetie." I figured it out today when she said, "Mom, I need to put my hood-up on!" Pretty cute.

No comments: